0

Cannes, France - The Philippines brings home the bacon as actress Jaclyn Jose wins best actress at the recently concluded Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 22, for her performance as a mother urged to sell drugs to survive.

The actress was teary-eyed when she accepted the award for her role in Brillante Mendoza's Ma' Rosa.

Jaclyn told the reporters, "The biggest challenge for me was not to act. Especially since I am coming from television shows where I play loud and campy characters".

photo from Rappler

In an interview aired on TV Festival de Cannes, Jaclyn shared how much the special moment meant to her.

"I am so thankful to Brillante Mendoza..."

"I just want to come here and be with my daughter and walk the red carpet."

"I was just sitting there watching the stage how nice it... is and how come in the Philippines we can’t make this, just these simple things and then they call my name. So I got surprised. I’m so happy really, really,"

"But of course I’m proud so proud of our film. We just don’t know how the people would react or will like our film but us, we know that we did our best and we know that we have a good film" Jaclyn added.

Aside from Ma' Rosa, Jaclyn previously worked with Brillante Mendoza in the movie 'Serbis', which also competed in Cannes in 2008, and 'Masahista' together with Coco Martin.

Congratulations Ms. Jaclyn Jose!

source

Jaclyn Jose Best Actress Ma Rosa

Post a Comment

 
Top